This year we are challenging our members to complete projects they haven’t, try things they normally wouldn’t, and learn things they don’t know… all of which we will track in our annual passports.
- UFOs – document unfinished projects in your passport; bring in finished projects for a STAMP
- Challenges – complete monthly challenges when due, or on your own time, for STAMPS (see full list below)
- MQG Block Study – make block patterns released by the MQG for yourself or charity; share finished blocks for a STAMP
- You can make ANY block on the MQG website, but we will highlight a specific block each month as well
- November->December = Harlequin Block
- Classes – take any class and share what you learned at a meeting for a STAMP
STAMPS show all you’ve accomplished, plus you earn chances to win PRIZES!
- Make something for someone else – it’s that time of year… share something you made as a gift for someone
- Clean your Sewing Machine – Share a photo of yourself cleaning your sewing machine; you can share on the guild Facebook page or Instagram, remember to include #svmqg and #svmqgchallenges so that we see it! If you don’t use social media, you can email to us.
- Selfish Sewing – Get ahead of the gift-giving season and make something for yourself
- Mini Quilt – Mini quilt for display and raffle at PIQF – Make a mini quilt that is min 12″ and max 20″ on any side.
- Color of the Year (2) – Kona Cotton color-of-the-year 2019 – Make ANY ITEM using Kona Cotton “Splash” fabric; if you’d like to make a charity block, please make the size a multiple of 3″ FINISHED.
- Charity Pillowcase – Make a PILLOWCASE with a drawstring closure for donation to The Bill Wilson Center (pattern here)
- Machine Applique – Make ANY ITEM featuring a machine embroidered element
- Mini Quilt for Raffle – Make a MINI QUILT that translates a traditional block/theme into a modern design. Min 12″ / Max 24″ on any one side
- Needle-turn Applique – Make ANY ITEM featuring a needle-turn applique element
- Color of the Year (1) – PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral – Make ANY ITEM using the color: Living Coral
- Charity Quilt Block – Wonky Log CabinMake a 12″ finished block in guild colors
Quilts made for the guild SCALE challenge: