Once again, we are challenging our members to complete projects they haven’t, try things they normally wouldn’t, and learn things they don’t know… all of which we will track in our annual passports.
- UFOs – document unfinished projects in your passport; bring in finished projects for a STAMP
- Challenges – complete monthly challenges when due, or on your own time, for STAMPS (see full list below)
- Block of the Month – complete milestones and share progress for a STAMP
- Classes – take any class and share what you learned at a meeting for a STAMP
- Charity – make and donate any item to the guild for charity
STAMPS show all you’ve accomplished, plus you earn chances to win PRIZES!
Challenge #1 – Quilting Design
Place a photocopy of a quilt in a clear sleeve and draw a quilting pattern on it; bring to the February meeting.
Challenge #2 – Project Finishes
Finish a project you hate or a UFO that is 2+ years old
Challenge #3 – Spring Cleaning!
Clean up your sewing space. Post photos of Before and After and tag with #svmqgchallenges
BLOCK OF THE MONTH
This year we are hosting a Mystery Block of the Month project. Members will choose fabric based upon the color wheel and receive instructions each month, resulting in a finished quilt by the end of the year.
- January – pick your fabrics
- February – start making your blocks
- Block patterns / instructions to be provided each month
- Instructions will be specific to the size of quilt you choose
- September – design your quilt layout
- October/November – quilt
- December – share your finished quilt!