The second Thursday of each month is our monthly meeting. Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on hearing from our great lineup of lecturers.
Lyric Kinard – A Window Into Inspiration
Geri Patterson-Kutras – Boro, a History of Struggle and Survival.
Melissa de Leon Mason – Appropriation or Appreciation
Sherri Lynn Wood – Making Do Recology
Lynett Muhasa – Trunk Show
Karen Bolan – Engineer your own quilts
Jessica Plunkett of Maeberry Square – Block Play: modernizing traditional blocks
Rhonda Pierce – What Needle Should I Use? SCHMETZ Sewing Machine Needles
Patricia Belyea – The Alluring World of Japanese Yukata Prints
Allie McCrathen of Exhausted Octopus – Fabric Painting
David Owen Hastings – Minimal Design, Maximum Impact
Year end wrap up and celebration
Continuing our tradition of offering online content, we will also continue offering member-driven content on the 4th Thursday of each month.
- Jan 26 – Elements of modern quilting
- Feb 23 – How do I quilt this? and Show & Tell
- Mar 23 – Starting and running a passion-based business
- Apr 27 – How to block a quilt
- May 25 – How do I quilt this? and Show & Tell
- Jun 22 – Simple technical aids for designing quilts
- Jul 27 – Y-seams
- Aug 24 – Getting set up for Free Motion Quilting
- Sep 28 – I’m not biased but my tape is
- Oct 26 – Fabric box sew along
- Nov 30 – How do I quilt this? and Show & Tell
We are starting back with in-person activities! This will start with 1 per quarter. If attendance is good we will add events.
- Q1 – Feb 18, 1-3pm (Palo Alto) Photo field trip
- Q2 – Apr 26, 6:30-8:30p (TBD) De-stash, Show & Tell, and Potluck
- Q3 – July 22nd 1-4pm Hand-Sew Day and Show & Tell
- Q4 – November 5th Zipper bag swap and Show & Tell
Charity Sew Days
Join us as we work together to sew philanthropy quilts. There’s no need to bring anything–we provide sewing machines, fabric, and everything else you’ll need. You’ll get to pick a task you enjoy, whether it’s piecing, pressing, laying out, or cutting. This is a great opportunity to have some fun, do some good, and get to know other guild members.
- April 23 – 2-6pm
- August 6 – 2pm-6pm
- October 1 – 2pm-6pm