All of our meetings and sew days are posted as events on our Facebook page.
We normally meet the second Thursday of every month at Milpitas Police Department’s Community Room in Milpitas, CA; this can change, so please check the list below for the confirmed meeting dates for each month.
All of our meetings start at 7:00pm with a “sewcial” period starting at 6:30pm.
Police Department Address:
1275 N Milpitas Blvd
Milpitas, CA 95035
Meeting and Event Dates for 2017:
January 12 – Guild Meeting: 2017 Kickoff
February 9 – Guild Meeting: Fabric Necklaces Activity
- March 9 – Guild Meeting: Zippered Pillow Demo, QuiltCon Recap
- March 19 – Open Sew Day
- April 8 – Open Sew Day
- April 13 – Guild Meeting: Pincushion Rings
- April 22 – Workshop: Walking Foot Wow!
- May 7 – Sew Day: Noodlehead Bags
- May 11 – Guild Meeting: Pam Rocco Trunk Show/Lecture
- June 8 – Guild Meeting: Binding Demos
- June 18- Open Sew Day
- July 13 – Guild Meeting: QC ’18 Charity Quilt Presentation/Planning
- July 22- Open Sew Day
- August 17 – Guild Meeting: Folded Fabric Star Ornaments
- August 20 – Open Sew Day
- September 10 – Open Sew Day
- September 21 – Guild Meeting: Facing a quilt Demo
- October 12 – Guild Meeting: DIY Design Boards
- November 5 – Open Sew Day
- November 9 – Guild Meeting: Special Guest – Fabric designer Rashida Coleman Hale
- December 10 – Open Sew Day
- December 14 – Guild Meeting: Potluck and Holiday Swap
All of our sew days are “open sew” format. This means you can come and bring whatever you’d like to sew on for that day. 🙂
Themed Sew Days – We will continue to have special “themed” projects on a handful of sew days. This means members can choose to bring a project (bags, aprons, garments, free motion practice, etc.) that falls under the theme for that sew day and other members will be there to help each other out on that focused project if they choose to. (Kind of like a member-facilitated workshop.) Themed sew days will piggyback on our normal sew days but are in no way exclusive – you can attend the themed sew day and not work on the themed project. These themed days are just a fun way to all work on a similar project in which we can help each other out as we go.
Here are a few members wearing their aprons made at our “Apron” sew day last year:
Sew Days are for SVMQG members only. If you are a member of another chapter of the MQG that would like to attend one of our sew days, please email us and we’ll see if we have extra space. If you are not a member already and interested in participating in our sews days, please look into signing up with our guild on our members page.
Annual Sewing Retreat:
Interested in attending a fun weekend retreat with a group of fun and creative quilters? Join our guild and get to know us at our Spring Retreat. Come to our next meeting or shoot us an email at email@example.com if you’re interested!
Interested in what an SVMQG Quilt Retreat looks like? Check it out here: 2017 Retreat Recap