All of our meetings and sew days are posted as events on our Facebook page.
We normally meet the second Thursday of every month at Milpitas Police Department’s Community Room in Milpitas, CA; this can change, so please check the list below for the confirmed meeting dates for each month.
All of our meetings start at 7:00pm with a “sewcial” period starting at 6:30pm.
Police Department Address:
1275 N Milpitas Blvd
Milpitas, CA 95035
Meeting and Event Dates for 2018:
- January 11 – Guild Meeting: 2018 Kickoff | Modern Quilting Continuum Discussion
- January 27 – Workshop: Improvising from a Score w/ Sherri Lynn Wood
- February 8 – Guild Meeting | Design Elements Lecture | Social Media Guide
- February 10 – Sew Day (Google)
- February 22-25 – QuiltCon | Pasadena, CA
- March 8 – Guild Meeting | Quiltcon Recap
- March 11 – Sew Day (MPD)
- April 5-8 – Annual Retreat
- April 12 – Guild Meeting | Surface Design Lecture and Demo
- April 21 – Sew Day (Google)
- April 28 – Improv Abstraction w/ Karen Foster
- NOTE WEEKDAY CHANGE – May 9 – Guild Meeting | Design Elements Lecture
- May 27 – Sew Day (MPD)
- June 10 – Sew Day (MPD)
- June 14 – Guild Meeting | Potluck and de-stash
- July 12 – Guild Meeting | Demo – Wefty Needles
- July 21-22 – Piecemakers Quilt Show Special Exhibit
- July 29 – Sew Day (MPD)
- August 9 – Guild Meeting | Quilt Layout Activity
NOTE WEEKDAY CHANGE – September 20 – Guild Meeting | Design Elements Lecture
- October 11 – Guild Meeting | Reverse Appliqué Demo
- October 21 – Sew Day (MPD)
- November 4 – Sew Day (MPD)
- November 8 – Guild Meeting | Peltex ornament making activity
- November 18 – Fabric Dying Class with Lynn Koolish
- December 6 – Guild Meeting | Potluck and Holiday swap
Meeting and Event Dates for 2019:
- January 6 – Workshop: Color Fluency with Anna Maria Horner
- NOTE DATE CHANGE – January 9 – Guild Meeting | Anna Maria Horner (members ONLY, no guests)
All of our sew days are “open sew” format. This means you can come and bring whatever you’d like to sew on for that day. 🙂
Themed Sew Days – We will continue to have special “themed” projects on a handful of sew days. This means members can choose to bring a project (bags, aprons, garments, free motion practice, etc.) that falls under the theme for that sew day and other members will be there to help each other out on that focused project if they choose to. (Kind of like a member-facilitated workshop.) Themed sew days will piggyback on our normal sew days but are in no way exclusive – you can attend the themed sew day and not work on the themed project. These themed days are just a fun way to all work on a similar project in which we can help each other out as we go.
Here are a few members wearing their aprons made at our “Apron” sew day last year:
Sew Days are for SVMQG members only. If you are a member of another chapter of the MQG that would like to attend one of our sew days, please email us and we’ll see if we have extra space. If you are not a member already and interested in participating in our sews days, please look into signing up with our guild on our members page.
Annual Sewing Retreat:
Interested in attending a fun weekend retreat with a group of fun and creative quilters? Join our guild and get to know us at our Spring Retreat. Come to our next meeting or shoot us an email at email@example.com if you’re interested!
Interested in what an SVMQG Quilt Retreat looks like? Check it out here: 2017 Retreat Recap