SVMQG was well represented at Quiltcon 2018 last month; 26 of us traveled to Pasadena to see the quilts, walk the vendor floor, and attend lectures and classes. Our members took over 35 different classes ranging from machine and hand quilting to piecing techniques, from surface design, to fabric dyeing and color theory. (See below for a full list of classes.)
We saw each other in classes and in passing, as we admired all of the beautiful quilts and rubbed elbows with our favorite “sew-lebrities.”
We watched our fearless leader and president of the guild Rochelle Rosales as she participated as a member of panel for a lecture on Secrets of High Performing Guilds.
A handful of us found our QuiltCon Charity Quilt hanging in one of the lecture halls and couldn’t help but strike a pose with it.
We even managed to get most of us together for a group dinner on Friday night where we had a great time sipping champagne and eating delicious food.
It was a great show and our members had a great time attending. We’re already eager for next year’s show in Nashville, TN. The lineup is looking good too!
Check out all of the classes we took!
- 1 curve, 5 blocks, 100’s of ideas | Jen Carlton-Bailly
- Big Stitch Hand Quilting | Sarah Fielke
- Block Printing on Fabric | Krista Fleckenstein
- Color Interaction | Tara Faughnan
- Contemporary Mending: Essential Techniques | Heidi Parkes
- Creative Quilting withthe Walking Foot | Jacquie Gering
- Drawing Linework for Radiating, Concentric and Repeating Designs | Pamela Wiley
- Dyeing Fabric for Modern Quilts | Kim Eichler-Messmer
- Electric Quilt 8 for Beginners | Amy Ellis
- Electric Quilt 8 – Designing Quilts in the Custom Layout | Amy Ellis
- Expanding Color Horizons | Lee Chappell Monroe
- Exploring Hand Quilting | Anna Maria Horner
- Getting Started with Needle Turn Applique | Anna Maria Horner
- Illustrator Quilt Design | Daisy Aschehoug
- Improv Applique | Karin Jordan
- Inspired by the Pine Burr: The Art of Folding | Tara Faughnan
- Jump Into Free-Motion Quilting | Christina Cameli
- Lecture: How to Design a Quilt in Five Easy Steps | Latifah Saafir
- Lino Printing | Karen Lewis
- Little Changes, Big Variety | Angela Walters
- Minimalist Machine Embroidery | Miriam Coffey
- Needle Turn Applique and Color Strategies | Carolyn Friedlander
- No Frills Paper Piecing Design | Sarah Sharp
- Perfect Your Points: Precision Piecing & Designing Blocks | Lee Chappell Monroe
- Prints Marathon | Weeks Ringle
- Screen Printing | Karen Lewis
- Secondary Designs and Beyond | Jen Carlton-Bailly
- Shape by Shape 2 | Angela Walters
- Strategies for Modern Scrap Quilting Lecture | Judy Gauthier
- T-Shirt and Knit Quilt Making with Tee | Carolyn Friedlander
- Tackling Curves with the Happy As A Clam Project | Latifah Saafir
- Techniques of the Trade: Even More Tips for Easier Sewing & Quilting | Lee Chappell Monroe
- TouchDraw Quilt Design | Daisy Aschehoug
- Tour de FMQ | Christina Cameli
- Watercolor Dyeing | Krista Fleckenstein
Want more info on all things QuiltCon? Check out the MQG’s site here.